1: relating to an occupation: of or as an expert <professional advice>
2: taking part in an activity (as a sport) in order to make money
3: participated in by people who are paid to compete <professional sports>
4: having or showing a quality appropriate in a profession
Two groups of Blue Valley High School students will be enduring my hour long talk Thursday, October 20, 2016. You are reading my outline. Do you have anything to add?
Career Decision Making
- Know yourself, be yourself, your greatest self:
- Know where you want to connect and who will become your champion. Get better daily.
- Make a SMARTER* plan about what you love doing,
- break it into steps, and then
- start stepping.
Success (Value) is all in the P’s
Practice—practice, practice, practice
Participate—in conversations, in helping others, and in getting others to help you work for/on yourself
Promote—milestones, events, goals, dreams; share before and after
Perform—1. Show up. 2. Win. 3. a. If you don’t win, try again. 3. b. If you do win, humbly do it again.
Point— "Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." –Albert Einstein
Tell your Story, Guard your Story, Tell it Again, Tell it at the Right Time
Build your virtual and physical social networks
- Gravatar.com? Gravatar is a Globally Recognized Avatar. “If you want to be identified on the web, then you should use a Gravatar. If you are a blogger, non-profit, small business, or anyone who wants to build a brand, then you need to start using Gravatar.” –Editorial Staff of WPBeginner.com
- About.Me | Youtube.com | LinkedIn.com | (Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, yikyak.com [^], Twitch.tv, Tumblr, WhatsApp, kik.com, Vine.co…)
Give first. Know who you know better. Meet others. Get to know all of them better and their key goals. Help them meet their goals. Encourage them regularly.
Tell your story at the right time…
*Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-bound, Evaluated, Recognized/Rewarded
Questions? Reprints? Digital Copies? Comments.
All should go to Ed Roche, 913.538.1338, email@example.com.
Strategy, LLC, 16500 Indian Creek Pkwy., Suite 104, Olathe, KS 66062